One of the steps I took on my journey to find my #Realsophisticatedjoy was setting up daily affirmations for myself. I went so far as to write them down on pieces of paper and placed them all over my apartment and at work. Thank you, Gabrielle Union, and “Being Mary Jane” for the idea.
I intentionally found it hard to set these affirmations as one it felt silly, two I did not know what to affirm, and three questioned will it work.
I began to dig a little deeper (full Mama Ode moment), and I came across the following article 20 Most Powerful Affirmations Because Thoughts Become Things (February 22, 2017) https://www.fearlessmotivation.com/2017/02/22/20-most-powerful-affirmations/
It stated the following
It said that affirmations are great to kick-start your day and that there is a scientific reason why. Our brains have a Reticular Activating System (RAS). Its function is to fill our awareness with things that we think about.
It is like when you buy or desire a car, it seems as if it is everywhere because you are unconsciously looking for it. Similarly, when you tell yourself that your life is fantastic, you’ll find more and more astonishing experiences as your life unfolds.
First, read the most powerful affirmations below to build a sharp mind.
- I create my life. There are endless opportunities.
- I have a healthy body, tranquil mind, and a vibrant soul.
- I am enough.
- I don’t entertain negativity in any shape or form. I simply let it go.
- I love the fact that so many people have faith in me.
- I create happiness by appreciating the little things in life.
- I am blessed to have a wonderful family and friends.
- I embrace the rhythm of life and let it unfold.
- I focus on action to create the life I want. The smallest step can end years of stagnation.
- I know my intuition will always take me in the right direction.
- I adore my quirks because they make me unique.
- I can become anything I put my mind to.
- I believe in my dreams, and I won’t stop until they become real.
- I have nothing to fear because I can seek guidance whenever I want.
- I always give when I can because I know it always comes back.
- I see failure as a golden opportunity to learn.
- I know that massive action cures everything.
- I love the creative energy that flows through me.
- I work for my desires because I don’t want regret.
- I don’t live for things; I live for a spiritual purpose.
I still use many of these affirmations in my daily practice. And there were some I did not use at all. The article made mention of this.
It advised that you choose the Right Affirmations
It says that some of the above affirmations may have resonated with you, and some didn’t. You need to keep the ones that did.
For affirmations to work, they must align with your beliefs. Suppose your affirmation says, “I exude happiness all the time.” But if you are sad most of the time, even the most powerful affirmations will become useless. Because they go against your beliefs.
So, here’s what you should do in this case.
If the affirmation is too strong or positive for you, choose a neutral one.
You don’t need the most powerful affirmations if they don’t match your beliefs. Use neutral ones instead. Instead of saying, “I exude happiness in every moment,” say “I have bad days and good days like everyone else. But I focus on improvement.” Instead of saying, “I feel financial abundance in my life.”, say, “I am grateful that I can earn money.”
The key is that you should say the affirmation with conviction. It should resonate with you on a deeper level.
Now you know how to make your own affirmations. Just pick the ones that fill you with conviction. It’s that simple.
Start conquering your life now!